Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The MANifesto


I have often thought about the kind of woman I want to be for my husband: loving, Christ-centered, full of grace, walking in dignity, poised, fit and healthy, intelligent, helpful, beautiful, confident, serving, patient, funny, etc.....

But I've realized lately that it has been years (at least 3) since I thought about what I wanted.  What did I want?  I dated someone earlier this year, but only briefly.  He was wonderful but I never really felt my heart jump ...never felt this sense that YES...THIS is what I want.  So this last year...given that this is the beginning of a season of unfulfilled dreams coming true, beauty treatments, transformation, etc.... I have been thinking every so often of what I want....

So, Here is my list that I started last year....and growing.... Maybe some of it is unrealistic.  Haha, I don't care!  I was just having fun with God!

I want to be enraptured.
I want a man who is in love with Jesus and sees the world through His eyes.
I want a man who knows what and who he wants: me
I want a passionate, wild at heart, man
I want a man who is decisive and assertive, who is firm and strong without being overbearing and controlling.
I want a man who makes me his business.  Who takes care of me.  Who partners with me in tackling any obstacle that comes our way.
I want a man who listens, sure, but I also want a man with solutions!
I want a fixer.
I want a “take action” kind of fella.
I want a man who fights for justice and freedom.
I want a man who knows who he is and whose he is.
I want a man who will ravish me with passionate kisses.
Who will devour me, not with the sickness of the locusts of years past, but with a passion that gives as it takes…
A man who will slam me up against the wall, interrupt my words with his lips, exhume the oxygen from my lungs and replace it with his own.  (It seemed too cliche to say "a man who takes my breath away")
I want a man with a will that dares to flex up against my will, strong enough to bend and never break…
A man of conviction and only wise compromise
I want a steady soldier, singing his heart out the Lord, brave and true and believing.
I want a partner.
I want a mischievous sparkle in the eyes and a twitch at the corner of adorable lips.
I want  a man to lead me, but humble enough to let me shine
I want a man who stays humble and a lifelong student
I want a man who will be a voice for the voiceless.
I want a man who is a defender, a protector, a courageous one.
I want a man who knows how to laugh and who will find me hilarious. Even if he's laughing AT me, sometimes.
I want a TRUTH- finder.  A man who can see through facade.  
I want a TRUTH- sayer.  A man who will speak his mind and stand-- even when no one else will.
I want a man who can melt me
I want  a man with eyes that see
I want  a man with a heart that can see who I am but also who I will become.
I want a man with a purity plan for when we are dating, with clear boundaries and expectations from the beginning.
I want a man who will flirt with me and NEVER stop courting my heart.
I want a playful man.
I want a man who is confident about leading me and who WANTS to lead me.
I want a man who trusts and gleans my wisdom
I want a man who believes in me and who I can believe in
I want a man who loves children and has a nurturing Father’s heart and tenderness.
I want a man who cares about his health but doesn’t waste time on vanity
I want a man who sees me- even when I’m hiding.
I want a man who knows how to kiss a woman.
I want a tender heart, a lion heart, a sweet heart.
I want a compassionate, deep well.
I want a man who is incredibly kind.
I want a man who can be patient while I become someone who deserves him.





No comments:

Post a Comment