Monday, November 11, 2013

Sweet Jesus...

Jesus, is the sweetest person I know.

On Saturday morning I had a Single Life Small group meeting and it was a meeting where I shared my relational journey which is an extremely vulnerable part of my story.  It was hard, but also easy and I really feel closer to my group.  It is such a wonderful, fun-loving, and beautiful group of people and I left feeling very loved and heard and seen.

As I was walking out to my car, I saw some roses and I went over to smell them.  In my head I thought, "I wish I got flowers.  There really is no one to send me flowers.  Even this rose. It would be so lovely to have this rose." But this rose was also OBVIOUSLY part of someone's garden, and I would NOT pick a rose or any flower from someone's garden.  As I leaned over to smell the rose, I touched the head of the rose ever so gently and rose broke off into my hand.

The craziest part was WHERE the rose broke off.  Not at the head where I LIGHTLY touched it, but way down the stem so that it was a long stemmed rose!!!!  I felt like God was giving me this rose!  And so I took it!!!

I brought it home and I put it in a vase and I smelled it.  It was one of the most fragrant roses I have EVER smelled in my entire life!!!  The very next day it was BIGGER and it had been in full bloom the day before so this was SURPRISING and DELIGHTFUL.

Everyone who has smelled the rose has said that it is the most fragrant, sweet smelling rose they have ever smelled.

I believe it was anointed from heaven just for me.  Everytime I have been in the same room with it, I have been overcome with giddy, lovestruck joy.

Jesus is so sweet.

Day 1

Day 2


No comments:

Post a Comment