Thursday, August 29, 2013

Jesus, My Hero....

Between working odd jobs throughout the city of Indianapolis and from charitable donations from my loving friends and family, I have raised and made enough money to survive through the month of September AND pay my first tuition payment!!!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Seriously, I am amazed and shocked and astounded at him.  He MEANS what he says and he backs up his word.

It's incredible but I am leaving in less than TWO days to head out to California.  I am actually in the throes of PACKING...which as you can imagine, is a REAL joy.  I definitely was overwhelmed last night looking at all I had yet to do.  It might be an all-nighter tonight.  We shall see.  :-)

The reality is that in three days, the throes and woes of packing will be behind me.  Anxiety doesn't help. In fact, when I allowed myself to listen to anxiety, I just sat on my bed incapacitated, doing nothing.  Anxiety actually creates what you fear. It perpetuates more anxiety.  It's a mess.  SO...when I finally said no to anxiety and yes to peace, then I started hauling bags and bags of Goodwill donations to Goodwill.  :-)

Now I am at my dealership, in their computer lounge, waiting for my oil change (which is covered by warranty, hooray) and the verdict on my tires and brake pads.  If I need them, they are NOT covered under warranty.  (reverse hooray)  Now,I could sit here and get anxious about the potential cost, but WHATWOULD BE THE POINT?

Is God for me, or isn't he?  Is God with me, or isn't he?

It's either one or the other.  And if God is for me than NOTHING can stand against me, nothing can stop me.  The Bible said it first, and Chris Tomlin made it sound pretty.

But really, nothing can stop our God.

And Our God is sending THIS girl to California.

So...okay.  Then the details will just have to conform to him. They answer to him!

...

I had to pause because my technician came in and told me my brakes are A-OKAY...that they just squeak sometimes but nothing wrong with them.  Also that my tire I was worried about is also A-OKAY! He said my car was ALLGREEN! Which means, perfect! And that my oil change and tire rotation went off without a hitch!

THANK YOU JESUS, for yet again, being my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment