Tuesday, July 23, 2013





I've been painting a lot of pictures of Lion's lately. When I paint them I am thinking of different characteristics and aspects of God.  I love seeing him as the Lion.  In this one above I saw him as one who watches over me with Compassion; as a Lion who is both tender and fierce.

Because I believe the Lord is who HE says He is, I know He will provide for all of my needs.  I know He watches over me day and night, sings over me in the morning, goes before me and is a voice behind me saying, "This is the way.  Walk here..."

I know he has called me to Redding, CA to further my ministry training and lead to more opportunity.  So many doors have opened to make that blatantly clear. My biggest obstacle has been faith.  I almost wrote finances, but realized that to God, that is NO obstacle.  My biggest obstacle has been that I have small faith when it comes to finances.  I lost my job over a month ago now and amazingly God has provided for me since then.  Provided me a way to go out to California and attend the School of Worship AND get back home.  Provided a way for me to pay most of my bills up until now.  Provided healing conversations with old wounds and relationships.  Provided things I didn't even need!

Even with all that provision, it has still been hard to believe he will make a way for me to California.  It just seems SO big.  SO impossible.  SO expensive.  And I can't do it.  But he can.  Last night as I lay awake trying to sleep, I listened to the Esther and Isaiah out loud being read over me.  I am happy to say I fell asleep somewhere in the middle of Isaiah 63, which is a life passage for me.  What caught my attention though, was Esther.

Some of you know I have felt like this season was an "Esther season".  I felt like God was calling me to a season of beauty treatments, and a time apart with him where getting healthy would be a major focus. SO as a result of this call, I have been trying to unlock Esther.  I've been digging for more in those words and reading and re-reading the short book over and over again.

I was in chapter 2 and this is the part that got me this time:

When the king’s order and edict had been proclaimed, many young women were brought to the citadel of Susa and put under the care of Hegai. Esther also was taken to the king’s palace and entrusted to Hegai, who had charge of the harem. She pleased him and won his favor.Immediately he provided her with her beauty treatments and special food. He assigned to her seven female attendants selected from the king’s palace and moved her and her attendants into the best place in the harem.

Now obviously and thankfully, God is not calling me to join a harem and marry a King with a harem.  But I thought of how God was the king in this scenario. In this verse, the KING is providing her with the beauty treatments and her groceries, giving her people to help her AND moving her to a new place to live.  In short, he provides her ALL she needs and MORE.

So I am declaring that over my life today.  God you called me into an Esther season and I said yes.  So today, I am declaring your provision over me that you had provided for Esther.  Groceries, beauty treatments, people to help me, and a way to move to California. I know you will make a way for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment