Wednesday, April 25, 2012

...Changes...

Well some of you know but I will tell you anyway- our trip got moved back due to some of our team members needing to drop out due to family conflicts.  This actually is a blessing because now we all have more time to raise the money we need for the trip!  HOORAY!!!

I am getting very excited about this trip.  I can't wait to hold those little babies and children in my arms and squeeeeeeeeze and laugh and love on them and PLAY!!!!!!!!!!  I know there may be unpleasant things on this trip and I'm okay with that.  Sometimes the beauty is buried in the ashes, waiting to emerge.

I have also been learning Mandarin, which has been fun so far.  I have developed some basic conversational skills and practically run over every Chinese person I meet, eager to try them out!  Haha.  No one else is learning Chinese and we don't really need to, but I love learning language and culture and I just can't help myself.  Especially since I have the motivating factor of actually heading towards China.  :-)

Anyway- just wanted to give you guys a brief update!!!

Thanks everyone who has donated so far, secretly or not...I appreciate it!  1k down, 3k to go!!!!

Love,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment